At Barrington we believe that uniform is an important part of being a member of the school community and we place a great deal of emphasis upon how smartly dressed our pupils are.
Barrington is a school to be proud of and we reflect this in the appearance of all pupils.
Our school uniform is:
- Bottle green sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- White school shirt or polo shirt (with or without the school emblem)
- Grey skirt or trousers or pinafore dress (in the summer short grey trousers or a green gingham dress may be worn).
- White, bottle green or grey socks/tights (socks should be either ankle or knee length only).
- Children should wear sensible plain black shoes, flat or with a 1” heel. Please no flip-flops, sandals, trainers, crocs, sling backs or similar styles.
Our uniform for P.E. is:
- Bottle green shorts
- Plain white T shirt
- Plain bottle green sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms
- Black plimsolls (KS1) or trainers (KS2)
- One piece swimming costume for girls, or swimming trunks/shorts (not knee length) for boys
- Swimming hat (provided by Crook Log pool)
Long hair must be tied back for PE, so it is a good idea for your child to have a hair band/scrunchy. Children must wear socks for PE (except gymnastics). If your child wears tights to school they need to have a spare pair of socks.
Please ensure that all items are clearly marked with your child’s name. If your child loses an item of clothing, please see the school office staff who will direct you to lost property.
All children require a waterproof coat in case of changeable weather. If boots are worn, your child should bring a change of footwear for use inside school. Children are allowed to change into trainers for outdoor playtimes but will be expected to change back into their school shoes before lessons commence.
Parents can purchase uniform items from our school uniform outfitters which is Boffins, 37 Pickford Lane, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA7 4QU. You can also purchase some of the uniform at many high street retailers.
We also have a 'nearly new' rail in school where you can purchase items of uniform that have been donated for £1 per item.
We recommend that pupils with long hair have it tied back.
We also discourage extravagant/extreme hairstyles e.g. shaved patterns in hair, and brightly coloured hair bands and hair adornments such as JoJo bows.
No jewellery should be worn, although children with pierced ears may wear small studs (which they must be able to remove themselves for PE).
From Year 2 children are allowed to wear watches to help them learn to tell the time. If you are planning on having your child’s ears pierced we ask that you do it at the beginning of the summer holidays so that they have time to heal before returning in September.
No nail varnish or temporary tattoos are allowed in school.
Children take part in arts and craft activities that can be messy.
We ask that all children bring in an old shirt or art apron that can be worn over their school uniform.