What Ofsted say
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in December 2019 and we were given a judgement of “Good”.
Parents are welcome to read the full report:
Ofsted Report December 2019
Here are some of the inspectors’ comments:
- Pupils at Barrington Primary School greet visitors warmly. They have confidence in themselves and are proud of their achievements.
- Pupils know they are safe, well cared for and valued by all staff at the school.
- Pupils behave extremely well and say that bullying is not something that happens at Barrington.
- Staff make sure that pupils are ambitious and have high expectations for themselves.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are nurtured by staff who know each individual very well. Leaders and staff have achieved their vision of 'supporting each other to achieve together'.
- Teachers are confident and highly skilled at teaching phonics. Pupils build up their knowledge of sounds and their blending skills quickly.
- Teachers develop pupils' love of reading and their knowledge of authors well. The reading programme motivates pupils and helps them to select books which challenge them.
- Parents and carers, staff and pupils are proud to be part of this happy school community.