September 2020 application
If your child was born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 (inclusive) you can make an application for your child to begin school during the school year 2020/2021. Further details can be found at: London Borough of Bexley Primary Schools.
The application period begins on 1st September 2019 and ends on 15th January 2020. A copy of the 'Admission to Primary Schools in Bexley 2020 - 21 booklet can be found by clicking here during the application period. Paper copies of application forms are only available from the Bexley Civic Offices in Bexleyheath. Please read the booklet carefully before completing your application, to give yourself the best chance of being offered one of your preferred schools. The booklet lists all the schools in Bexley and tells you how places are offered at each school.
To make the application; apply online through your home Local Authority’s Admissions Team. If you are a resident of the London Borough of Bexley you may apply online by during the application period; if you require a paper application form please telephone the Bexley Civic Offices on
020 8303 7777. If you live in any other borough e.g. Greenwich, you can include Bexley schools in your preferences, but you will need to contact your home Local Authority’s Admissions Team to apply online or obtain the application form.
The easiest way to apply is online.
- 1st September 2019 - Application period starts
- 15th January 2020 - Closing date for applications. Don't be late!
- 14th February 2020 - Last date for address or other essential changes or for late applications with a good reason
- 16th April 2020 - Offers of places made online and by letter
- 30th April 2020 - Last date for accepting and declining offers of places
- 15th May 2020 - Last date for on time appeals for community and voluntary controlled schools
- May-August 2020 - Offers from waiting lists
- June-July 2020 - Appeal hearings
What happens after
Parents of children who are offered a place to start in Reception Class in September 2020 will be invited to an information meeting in June.
After that, around June / July, we will invite the new children in for 2 sessions to meet each other and get to know their new teacher and classroom. This helps to familiarise them with the school setting so that they feel ready to start in September.
When the children start school we ease them in gradually, so they will only come in for half a day for the first week or so. More details of the starting arrangements will be provided nearer the time.