Secondary School Admissions
Key Dates - 2020-2021
- 1st September 2019 - online application website opens
- 10th or 11th September 2019 - Bexley selection test in school for those who have registered
- 13th September to 30th October 2019 - Open days/evenings for schools
- 4th October 2019 - Results of selection test
- 31st October 2019 - Closing date for application forms to be submitted either online or paper.
- 2nd March 2020 - offer day
Parents who have applied online will receive an email notifying them which school their child has been offered.
Parents who have applied on a paper form will be sent a letter by first class post.
16th March 2020
This is the deadline for accepting or declining the initial offered place.
Waiting lists established and vacancies offered
Please click here to view the Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley 2020-2021 booklet
Reminders and top tips
- Once you have decided which schools you like, check their admission criteria carefully, as they all vary.
- If you live in Bexley, you can apply for up to 6 schools (they don't need to be in Bexley). It is NOT wise to name just one school on your application; always have at least one back-up choice, near your home address, that you'll be happy with. List schools in order of preference, with grammar school choices (if applicable) at the top of the list.
- Remember to include evidence of medical conditions or anything else that relates to a priority place. Faith schools also require a Supplementary Information Form, and may have different application deadlines, so check carefully before applying.
- Remember you need to provide proof of your child's address and date of birth. The 'Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley' booklet (issued in July) will have more information.
- If applying online, make sure you receive an email receipt - this will confirm that your application was submitted successfully.